Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 1- Bahamas

The first day was pretty much just getting to the ship. We left the house at 2am and headed to the Rochester airport. We were apparently so excited that we left waaay too early and had to sit at the airport for 2 hours before boarding our plane. I had never been on an airplane so I was pretty nervous, but Bill assured me I'd be fine! lol. Finally, at 5:30am we boarded the plane and our flight to Cleveland began. Of course, since I had never been on a plane and was super nervous the plane had to be a tiny one- which only made me more nervous!
Our next stop was Cleveland, Ohio. We got there about 7:15am and had to hang out until about 9 when our flight to Orlando was ready to head out. This plane was bigger and by this time I was a little more comfortable with being in the air. However, this time the pressure on descent got the best of my ears. They hurt pretty bad, thought I was going to cry but managed to survive! 11:30am we landed in Orlando where we prayed our luggage would arrive (especially since Bill had extremely bad luck with losing his luggage). All of our luggage arrived okay and now it was time to find our shuttle. The driver found us before we were able to find him.
After a 45min ride we were finally to Port Canaveral! We got our boarding passes, got in line and then were able to board the ship. We really didn't do a whole lot our first night since we were extremely exhausted from our long day of traveling. Both of us felt like such losers because all we really wanted to do was sleep! So we took a short nap which made us miss leaving the port lol. We then woke up and checked out the ship and went to dinner.
At dinner, we happened to be sitting in the worst spot ever! Our table must have been right above the motor or something because it was vibrating really bad- and made me sick. Yes, the first night we not only slept through the ship leaving but I was sick so we went to bed early! Bill however, was nice enough to get me some motion sickness pills in hopes that this would not continue through the rest of the trip (which it didn't thank GOD)!


No comments:

Post a Comment