Thursday, January 20, 2011

Surviving the Dentist

At my last dentist appointment I took Evan (this is what they told me to do) to watch me have my teeth cleaned. Then, made him an appointment to go with me the next time. So for the past week or so we've been talking to Evan in preparation for his trip to the dentist. We even went as far as downloading a game to his Leapfrog where you clean teeth- in an effort to make it seem "cool." The morning of our appointment he tells me that he's excited to go to the dentist and that he's going to have "sparkly teeth." Meanwhile, I'm thinking yea right.. he's probably going to get in the chair and freak out! Finally, we get there. I go first. He sits and plays his game, periodically looking over to check out what's going on. Then I'm done. "MY TURN!" -he yells, and jumps into the chair. Then, I realize.. I was much more afraid of Evan going to the dentist than he was. He did awesome! Sat there very patiently as they cleaned his teeth, and then told everyone for the rest of the day that he went to the dentist!

No comments:

Post a Comment